Itami's Musings

It's just me wondering and thinking about things... hey, it's not being philosophical... It's just musings... and we definitely like to share our findings.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

THE BIRTHING STORY...

I know this is like really late... but i just had to write it here... I'm still thinking of a title for it:

1. How my day went when i gave birth...?
2. Giving Birth...?
3. Cayleigh's debut...?

Okay, you choose for me... it's kinda funny really. Hehehehe. How should i start this... ahhh... okay...

It was Friday, March 3, I was still round as if i've just swallowed a huge watermelon. I was getting ready for my weekly check-up... yes... when you're in your 8th to 9th month... you will have weekly check-ups. As i was saying, well... when i had my check up, the doc saw that i was only 2cms wide... okay honestly, having an internal check up is not all that groovy... but it is needed...

So after hearing that, ritchie and i went home and i met with my writer. So i finished my teaching her how to synch and brought her to the studio to meet my director and the dubbers and the technicians because i was already giving her most of my work. So going to the studio we had to climb 4 flights of stairs and i stayed at work till 10pm... then when i went home, i had to go down another 4 flights of stairs...

So, isn't it a wonder that my water broke at 1:45am of march 4? I woke up feeling icky so i told ritchie... darling... something's weird... okay for the faint-hearted this story is not for you.

And ritchie asked: how weird? i think i'm soaked...
so he sent me to the bathroom and told me to cough. i did... then he asked: did you gush?
i said yes...
he nodded then matter-of-factly said... your water broke.
i said, ah... okay. and after cleaning myself and taking measures not to get soaked, i went to the bed and said, with a little bit of consternation: oh dear... and we haven't even packed yet. and i sighed. i also told him... darling, i think i'm a little scared...
so ritchie sat up on the bed and asked: what do you want to do? go to the hospital?
i scrunched my nose and said: nah... it's still too early... and my contractions are like 20 minutes apart... i still want to sleep.
my husband nodded and said: okay we sleep then. you go back to bed while i prepare yours and the baby's stuff.
i smiled at him and went back to sleep.
when he was done he joined me on the bed, we snuggled then slept till 5:30. afterward ritchie went down ahead of me to breakfast... and he off-handedly mentioned to my father-in-law that they were taking me to the hospital after breakfast. ritchie took a bite off his ham then when he turned back to his father, my inlaw was no longer there but went driving off to get my mother-in-law at the church... that was really funny... yes, my father-in-law panics easily. hehehehe...

when he came back i was already eating. and he suddenly rushed me because he wanted me to get to the hospital immediately. both ritchie and i told him to calm down and said that i still wanted to bathe. hehehehehe...

okay so at 9am we zoomed to the hospital. when i got there and when i was examined i was already 4cm... so they sent me off to the labor room... it took awhile before i delivered cayleigh... and the events that happened in the labor room was quite interesting.

i chatted with the interns who were timing my contractions... then a little after 10 the drugs doctor was brought in... ahhhh... drugs... it felt great... okay... there was this burly guy... i don't know what you call them, but they needed to stick something in my spine so they needed me to bend... and since i couldn't do that alone, he folded me... LITERALLY! and after that... well sleep and chat... and at 2pm... cayleigh was ready to meet the world.

okay it took another hour before she came out... well, there were lots of factors.
1. since i got anesthesia... i couldn't feel my legs... and my contractions so i couldn't push properly...

2. cayleigh was not in the right position. instead of facing down, she was facing up...

okay... it doesn't really matter now, does it? she's hear and she's just adorable...

there that's the story of cayleigh's delivery. heheheheh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home